AUTHOR TALKS & SCHOOL VISITS
I absolutely love engaging with children in a fun and creative way!
As a Children’s Author and super experienced Speech Pathologist, I’m a long term advocate for children’s learning and literacy development. I beautifully incorporate interactive Story-time sessions with fun activities for children; and also enjoy talks to parents/ carers/ educators on boosting children’s learning and communication skills through books and the everyday.
My Author Visits always include insight into the writing process, and the journey to publication, with activities to spark language creativity and children’s imaginations.
KISSES IN YOUR HEART
My second picture book, Kisses in Your Heart has been received HUGELY well at childcare’s, preschool, libraries and schools.
Key Selling Points
• A celebration of parental love and the importance of the simplest gestures in the life of a child.
• Engaging and charming illustrations meld with written soothing rhythm and engaging rhyme.
• Opens discussions for children to manage their emotions.
• Empowers strong self connection and emotional regulation within a child.
• A comforting yet empowering story for children and adults alike.
• A joy for young readers
This books has received enormous positive feedback for strengthening family bonds; for introducing children to the skill of resilience; as well as providing nurturing comfort to children experiencing any form of anxiety.
REECE GIVE ME SOME PEACE!
My debut picture book, Reece Give Me Some Peace! launched in September 2018; and has been since SHORTLISTED for the 2019 SPEECH PATHOLOGY BOOK OF THE YEAR AWARD!
It is a highly engaging musically themed book, so A LOT of musical fun is enjoyed on my Author Visits, and my very own much loved musical instrument makes an appearance too!
This book reminds us of the power of learning through play; and for any sessions where parents are present; i often include a brief presentation on how to build language skills in the everyday!
Key Selling Points
The text has a contagious rhythm and rhyme and invites engagement and curiosity.
• A lovely way to introduce and celebrate various musical instruments.
• Kids love making noise, and will enjoy the sounds getting louder and louder.
• The text itself is expertly informed at an auditory level, stimulating children through its rhythm, rhyme, repetition and alliteration; encouraging them to join in making sounds, and telling the story.
• The book is adaptable; suitable for reading to children from birth to five years of age, and then read by themselves as an early reader for young school children.
I look forward to you joining me on my Author visit journey to schools, preschools and childcares, libraries and other wonderful events and festivals.